The Hong Kong Segment

Sunday, July 5, 2015



One million years later, I am back with a new post again. Uni and work caught up with me as it does every semester but HI again! Continuing on from the last post.

We spent a few short days in Hong Kong as we kind of used it as home base to collect all the necessities and of course it was where our return flight back to Australia was. Unfortunately I didn't lug my huge camera out during Hong Kong as I figured my hands would have been full with shopping. The opposite was true! I did barely any shopping in Hong Kong, strangely enough. All photos in this post were taken with either our phones or a point and shoot. 


Throughout our few days in HK, we gravitated to Langham Place a lot. It was just convenient and had many of the major stores we wanted to visit anyway. Plus, it had good restaurants and environment. 



 It also has a branch of Monster Sushi. One of my all time favourite sushi restaurants in Hong Kong. I make a beeline for this restaurant everytime I visit Hong Kong. They serve up really interesting yet amazing fusion sushi's with fresh ingredients.

TOP: Salmon and Mango sushi wtih roe. BOTTOM: Fried chicken wing and cheese! 
We ordered more but I think, rather than taking actual photos with my phone, I was too busy snapchatting my sushi dishes to Mario to make her jealous. I was very happy with my food. 

Another restaurant we ate at was this Sukiyaki/Shabushabu place at the top level of Langham Place. It was buffet style with tonnes of ingredients and most importantly, unlimited beef. The variety of ingredients is ten times better than any sukiyaki buffet you can find here in Brisbane. 
Here is my terrible photo of what you can possibly get at the buffet. 


Here's another all time favourite in Hong Kong. This is Australian Dairy Co. AKA. 澳洲牛奶工司. It's an extremely popular breakfast place. You will be treated to simple yet amazing toast and scrambled eggs in less than 30 seconds from ordering. I cannot get over their scrambled eggs. It's a must try. My mum says their egg custard dessert (not sure of name in english) is amazing as well. . My mum has been eating here for breakfast since she was in elementary school so it's definitely been a local favourite for decades. This time around we just ordered a set meal that comes with your typical macaroni and ham soup, drip coffee and the toast w/ scrambled eggs. I suggest putting your eggs between the toast and eating it like that.

I ate so much more food than this but I fail at photographing my food. It's not my thing but I will try harder.

Marion's sister and cousin was nice enough to take us to Stanley. It's very peaceful and seems very far away from the hustle and bustle of central Hong Kong. Also! So many puppies. Go here if you love dogs. They're all nicely primped up as well. Definitely a cute experience if you want to see little tiny dogs decked out head to toe in miniature sized clothing and freshly puffed out poodles. 

It has a bit of a seaside vibe to it as well. It's worth a visit just to prove that Hong Kong has different sides to it. The view, whilst a bit smoggy, is beautiful in the sunset but then again, everything looks infinitely times more magical during sunset. 












Lastly, there is the mandatory stop at Victoria harbour. It was Danny and I's anniversary so we picked up some small cakes and walked to the harbour to eat and enjoy the view. On the way there, I insisted that I still remembered how to get to the Avenue of Stars so Danny let me lead the way. Not surprisingly, I lead us in the completely wrong direction. Once again proving that my sense of direction is absolutely terrible. 







No comments: